Sunday, March 24, 2013

Playing with fire

Such a glorious day today with a lot of sun and finally a smell of spring in the air. I spent all day working in the garden and cleared up lots of woodcuttings that had been drying for a while. I don't usually light a bonfire on the beach but there was so much, it would be impossible to dispose it in another way. It wasn't even so easy to get a good fire going but eventually it started burning and took care of all the old cuttings.

It looks a bit messy, but  after everything was burnt I cleaned it up nicely.

Daisies are enjoying the sun too


And to top of a perfect day, I had my first swim this year. The watertemperature was 16 degrees, not too cold.

That was more than enough exercise for one day so now I shall put my feet up, have a nice herbal tea and relax.


How was your Sunday?




3 comments:

Ariadne said...

I am glad you started swimming already. Inspite the good weather we stayed in the city.AriadnefromGreece!

Lisa said...

Today March 25 we are getting 1 to 2 inches of snow here in New York. Wish some nice warm weather would come our way. March is always a crazy weather month here. Your flowers are pretty.

Anonymous said...

beautiful daisies!

and you swam already?
brrrr :)