Saturday, February 25, 2012

Back at last

After two weeks of big city Thessaloniki and spending some time with my sons and doing all those things you do while in a city. No, not only shopping. I also went to a felting seminar, strolled through the ancient ruins that are in the middle of the city, stocked up on lots of herbs and spices from the most quaint little shop in the old centre and had a very nice sunday lunch with the lovely and hospitable Ariadne and her family. Ariadne also took me to the theatre. Unfortunately I didn't have to the time anymore to see her and her husband perform in the play they were doing this week.


I was greeted back on the island with lots of blossoms and flowers trying to bloom in the middle of weeds and overgrown bushes.

Almondtree in full blossom


Daffodils trying to keep their heads up in between weeds
So the last two days I have been getting my hands dirty in the garden.


2 comments:

Ariadne said...

I love the way you made a jigsaw of photos of what you did here. I can't believe almond trees are already blooming there! The performance was a great success. I will soon blog about it!AriadnefromGreece!

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Loved perusing all your photos!