Monday, February 7, 2011

Oh No!


That is what you could hear me screaming this morning.

It started as a beautiful day with lots of sunshine and just a little wind. My fisher/man was getting ready for yet another day at sea. But then it was decided that the wind was too strong and that it was not a good day for fishing.


So the whole fishing crew stayed on land and got their hands on some gardening tools. I know it was to help me with the garden work and clean up some of the citrus trees and one apricot tree that I had asked them to do for me some time ago. So far so good ....but then I went back inside and left them in the garden with the tools! Big mistake! The next moment I looked out the window, one of them had crept under this beautiful shrub that I have been so proud of and that is making a natural barrier between our terrace and the public beach. And he was quite happily sawing away right on the bottom of the plant.
And that was the moment I started screeching OH NO!

Here is the unharmed side of the shrub. You have to believe me when I tell you that it has beautiful purple flowers all year long. And especially in spring it is full, full of flowers.



My poor shrub, half of it gone. I am not sure what to do now. Well, I know one thing....I am hiding my garden tools for the next few weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! Well with any luck, you bush might sulk a bit and then spring into new life - even more new life - than even before. I'm hoping!