Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday through the window


The difference between last weeks picture and this one is about 20 degrees! Last week I was seriously considering a swim (didn't go) and today I was looking for my woolly gloves (couldn't find). Christmas ornaments are out and the tree is up. I dare say we have the most kitsch tree on the island .... but I love it. It is full of the ornaments we collected over the last 20 years. Many of them handmade. No trendy tree in our house. If you think you can handle it.....here is a (again not so clear) picture I just took:

Fireplace and candles are burning, it is a cosy time of the year. Also a very busy time. This weekend we have the annual Christmasbazaar. Our women's club started it more than 20 years ago and now it is a major event which everybody enjoys very much. There will be gluhwein and handmade wreaths and ornaments, cooky baking, crafting and much more.

1 comment:

SWEDISH HOUSE said...

Hej Frieda

Just seen your post.
Your tree is wonderful and your fire roaring...v.similar to mine here in Sweden.
Well at least on your lovely island you do not have a snow storm or white out...like most of Europe.
Thank you for sharing your view.
I am afraid I am v.behind with my uploading of photo's...
AND CHRISTMAS ... WELL as they say it will be alright on the night
GOD JUL o GOTT NYTT AR
LOVE PEACE enJOY
Julie
x