Friday, December 3, 2010

It is time

I am so lucky to live on this beautiful island that I call my home for 26 years now. It is not always easy; living on a small island has its restrictions but we are compensated so much with the beautiful nature and a quality of life that I know a lot of people are dreaming about.

One very important thing though is missing and that is the possiblity of recycling. It hurts me so much to know that we produce so much rubbish and it all ends up in a landfill. And I have to admit I am as active in filling this landfill as any one else. The term recycling comes up all the time, it is used in election speeches and in many more occasions. But nothing happens.

But now
It is time

Our women's group has decided to actually do something about it because it is time.

We will start small but our goals are big.

And it is all happening now.
I am actually quite excited because I know we can make it work. The reason I post it here today is that it feels like a commitment. I just want the world to know that we are going for it. And if there is anybody out there that has any tips or information or whatever....................................we still have a lot to learn.

Our plan is to start with collecting the waterbottles, of which we use thousands. But this is only the beginning.

Yes, it is happening and it is time!


No comments: