Saturday, April 10, 2010

2 new projects and 1 important announcement

Yesterday it was my birthday and I got these beautiful flowers plus their vases from my dear friends.


Aren't they pretty? And as I am sitting at my laptop the scent of the lilacs is bringing me the message of spring. The weather at the moment is too beautiful to be sitting inside so I am going to show 2 "before" pictures, start working and hopefully very soon will be able to post the "after" pictures.
The first one is an old iron table that I have saved from going to the garbage about three times now. So it really deserves to be pimped.

And the second one is a little chair that was handmade by a german uncle of my mother's and it was his present to me when I was born. So it is pretty much antique. It is one of the few things that has always been with me and it will feel strange to make it look all different.

But like me, also objects after a certain age....can do with a makeover.

Therefore this is the perfect time to officially anounce that I will start my very first serious attempt of a diet on monday together with my above mentioned friends.

Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Roadartist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Good luck! Me also...

Anonymous said...

Have you got enough sea glass to make a mosaic, with the rest of the table being a mosaic of black, tan and white, very Greek looking? that would look amazing.

Eva said...

Happy belated birthday! The surface of the table has its own beauty, perhaps a way to renovate it could be found by not covering it up completely? Like painting some pattern, leaving the original surface as a background?

Dream on the wave said...

Ευχαριστώ, Roadartist, γιά τις ευχές σου.
Mariellen and Eva, you give me both new ideas that I can possibly use for a future project. I have to admit this first try is going to be rather simplistic. I'll post pictures asap.

Anonymous said...

And happy belated birthday, how rude of me not to say before.

I liek Eva's idea of preserving some of the 'patination' too...